You are switching to
DAS Berlin

Visa Affairs


Application for a visa for learning the German language.


You must apply for a Visa prior to entry into the Federal Republic of Germany at the relevant diplomatic mission. The Immigration Office in Germany must approve this request. Except for nationals of EU and EEA countries plus Switzerland, Australia, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Canada, New Zealand and the USA, who can collect their residence permit at the immigration office after arrival. Before applying for a visa for learning the German language, you need written confirmation of registration for a language course, at least 20 45 minute units per week. After you register for a course at the DAS Akademie and the course fee is fully paid, an official registration confirmation for your visa application form will be sent to you. The registration certificate must be forwarded in the original to the country's responsible German authority.


The following basic conditions apply for the issuing of visas:


* Proof of financial security during your stay in the Federal Republic of Germany.

* No public funds may be used during the visit.


If your journey and stay cannot be financed by your own means, it is possible for a host who is resident in the Federal Republic of Germany to take on responsibility for all resulting costs.


The Department of Immigration is responsible for this procedure.


More information about entry into the Federal Republic of Germany




List of countries with visa-free entry/requiring visa for entry into the Federal Republic of Germany.

All non-EU nationals will need a visa for entry to Germany.


List of States



German diplomatic missions in your country



If you have further questions about applying for a language visa, please contact us at any time.


Your DAS Team



DAS Akademie - Copyright © All rights reserved